In 2017, we were been able to help more than 30,000 people in the different communities of Tola. The numbers speak for themselves:
- Medical services: 14,546 people
- Pharmacy services: 13,662 people
- Volunteer Program: 4,116 people
- Padrino Program: 67 children
- Healthy Eating Initiative: 2,699 people
- Nutrition Program: 122 people (51 children)
- Diabetics Club: 95 people
- Clean Water Initiative: 4,702 families (23,510 people)
- Preventive education talks: 625 people.
In addition, here were some other developments made in 2017:
- Community support with activities to promote education and well-being in schools, health centers, community events, etc.
- Support to community health centers with medicines, medical supplies and special equipment
- Fast and extended assistance to the community during the aftermath of Tropical Storm Nate
- Continued education for the Clinic staff
- Phase 1 execution of the Expansion Project
- Phase 2 commencement of the Expansion Project with a land acquisition
- Optimization of care in response to the demands of the community
- Creation of 20 new community gardens
- Fundraising for X-ray machine.
We are extremely excited about what 2018 will bring to our Clinic. We already started the year with a great acquisition – our Clinic now has its own generator! Thanks to everyone who made this possible.
We humbly ask you to please consider helping us with our programs. We do not have any grants or endowments and rely on individual donors like you to continue operating.
If you have any questions or would like further information about our Expansion Project, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Roberto Clemente Health Clinic is supported by individual donations. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit registered in Maryland, so all donations are tax-deductible. We accept funds through PayPal, where you can also donate with your credit card. You can also mail a check. We accept stock donations as well. To donate, click here.