When you volunteer abroad it’s not only the people in need who benefit, but all that you will learn from our team is sure to leave a lasting impression on your life.
Volunteer in Nicaragua, meet new people and make some incredible life-long friends. Volunteer Abroad in Nicaragua offers the opportunity to experience another culture to learn things not found in books or classrooms and to gain a new perspective on the world at large.
|"Volunteering in Nicaragua, is for
sure the best decision I made this year" Ben del Bueno, Volunteer
Want you know what volunteers do? Click Here
Whether you’re looking for a change of pace (or scenery!) from your current medical/healthcare career or are looking for an exciting way to fulfill your internship responsibilities, The Roberto Clemente Clinic in Nicaragua presents an invaluable volunteer opportunity in Nicaragua: the chance to combine the thrilling adventure of travel with the benevolent act of giving back to those in need in our community in Limon, Nicaragua.
If discovering a new country through surfing, camping, horseback
riding and hiking sounds ideal to you, consider a volunteer vacation to Nicaragua! Imagine a morning filled with the
smiling faces of children eager to learn basic math skills from you,
followed by an afternoon of leisure at the beach. What about
discovering nature while strolling forest trails brimming with monkeys
and exotic birds in the morning? What about an afternoon of
self-discovery and rewarding experience as you teach essentials
sanitation practice to people without plumbing?
Volunteering at the Roberto Clemente Clinic can even give you the unmatchable experience of working side-by-side with our doctors and nurses to help save lives or help create new healthcare programs for the clinic and possibly, the entire community.
Even on short notice (2 weeks), we can organize a robust, yet balanced schedule of volunteering endeavors in Nicaragua and volunteers are also welcome to plan activities on their own. You can even stay at a resort while on your overseas volunteer vacation! For example, there is a terrific, small hotel nearby with ocean view as second options.. This cozy, family-style hotel features eight rooms, all situated around the open air restaurant and the swimming pool. All rooms have access to a bright and spacious covered patio area. http://www.buenaondaresort.com/hotel.php
Testimonials"Thank you for the opportunity to volunteer and help people living in such awful conditions. I truly enjoyed my time in Nicaragua, especially helping pregnant women that came for consultation. Dr. Flores and staff were wonderful."
Barbara Jordan, Physician Assistant/OBGYN January 2013
Read More Testimonials
medical and non-medical volunteers, nurses or Physician Assistants are
desperately needed to provide patient care to impoverished children and
their parents. Our staff in Nicaragua will match your medical skills to
fit our current needs.
Because access to medical services in Limon 1, Nicaragua is often
limited, healthcare volunteers from abroad help us to provide services
such as diabetes screenings, tooth extractions, wellness checks for
babies and pre-natal exams in our local clinic.
While the needs and the working conditions are very basic, your 'hands-on' contribution will be life changing.
Nonetheless, if you are a professional in other areas or a college or high school student and want to volunteer abroad, our health clinic is the best option for you.
You’ll have the opportunity to spend time in Limon 1, Nicaragua running our public health programs, while learning about our internal procedures, patient care and much more.
And of course, we welcome donations of medical supplies, but there are some restrictions as to the types of medications can legally be brought into Nicaragua. Please contact us at 410-777-2686 – with any questions.
Don’t worry! We can match your individual skill set to a local need. Social workers, students, teachers, and many other backgrounds have been very useful. Our international volunteers have included everybody from Peace Corps participants to high school, college and graduate students to retired professionals looking for a new challenge.
Trained professionals interested in practicing at The Roberto
Clemente Clinic will need to furnish the following documents eight
weeks prior to their trip:
1) A notarized letter of intent (in Spanish) describing the type of volunteer work you would like to perform as a certified medical professional. (we can provide the template for you to complete)
2) Copies of your licenses, permits and credentials.
3) Copies of your Diploma if you have been practicing for 5 years or longer.
4) Copies of your passport with picture.
5) Up-to-date Resume or CV .
6) $200 donation for professionals with 3 years or more of experience up to two weeks. If you would like to stay longer please call us to give you the reduce rate.
7) A feedback report with your assessment of the Clinic's services and training vs. foreign standards. If you do not want to get all those documents you can be a regular volunteer and shadow the medical team. (read the Student Section)
8) Registration form and waiver signed.
9) International insurance in case of an accident.
10) A letter with full inventory of medicines pre-approved 8 weeks before arriving.
11) Your Spanish must be fluent; otherwise you must hire a local translator, which will cost you approximately $40 per day.
1) A copy of your passport with picture.
2) Resume or CV up to date.
3) $400 donation that covers up to two weeks of local transportation. If you would like to stay longer please call us to give you the reduced rate.
4) Registration form and waiver signed.
5) International insurance in case of an accident.
6) Your Spanish must be fluent; otherwise you must hire a local translator, which will cost you approximately $40 per day.
While there are some basic fixed costs, your choice of accommodations will determine the final pricing:
Call us at 410-777-8626 to answer your questions. This is the most
efficient way of communication to begin setting up your volunteer vacation!
You can expedite the process by sending your program donation online here!
Once you have made your travel and accommodation arrangements, we will provide you with a detailed itinerary - everything from pick-up at the airport and volunteering opportunities in Nicaragua.